This is for cirou and j who requested for it even though they probably don’t need it anyway HMPH
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! welcome to the comprehensive(????) guide on how to make tiny pixels the easy way
It is easy because I am lazy
also this is on photoshop
1. Open a photoshop file!! Don’t bother about the size you could always crop it later!
2. Draw a sketch! it doesn’t have to look great (mine obviously doesn’t ha ha ha)
3!!!! this is an important point so I put exclaimation marks!! Since the pixel is REALLY tiny and you’ll be working at like 700% IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU OPEN A NEW WINDOW FOR YOUR IMAGE. Leave it at 100% so you can see what your pixel looks like zoomed out always.
Put it somewhere comfortable!
4. Now for colour! Usually for pixel art people try to be economical with their colours but bc I am lazy and doing this for my own entertainment and not for some game I use a shitload of colours anyway. Make sure you use interesting colours to shade!! Orange and purple are two good colours to start with. I usually make a palette so I can pick my colours easily (:
5. Make a layer above your sketch and block in the flat colours! you don’t need to be too neat- you can always go back and fix things in the latter steps!
6. AFTER THAT you can clean up and shade! when cleaning up just pencil over with the bg colour to erase (since you’re making that transparent in the end anyway) rather than use an eraser. Just place shadows and lines on top of the flats until you are satisfied! Make sure you refer to the little window regularly to see how it’s coming along.
Antialiasing is important! There are tuts out there which teach you how to do that OR if you are lazy just mess around until it looks right ok
Don’t bother to line everything! this thing is small- there are places that can go without the darkest shade to define it (identify these areas by looking at your tiny window!) also you don’t have to be restricted to a single colour when adding outlines!
7. YOU’RE DONE CONGRATS!!!
jk this is really boring i’m sure you want to animate him
8. merge everything and duplicate the layer! this is the next frame in your animation.
Simply block in the colours for the motion you want, then colour it like you did the original! Don’t worry about drawing on top of the image mistakes are easily fixed!!
For motions you are not sure of— WELP. YOU HAVE A BODY RIGHT. USE YOURSELF AS A REFERENCE.
9. When you’re done with the layers, animate! I usually use lapses of 0.1 or 0.07sec
HIROTO STOP FLIRTING WITH ENDOU
TIPS N TRICKS SECTION
JUST ONE ACTUALLY
Rotating things!! Go to edit—>preferences—->general and set image interpolation to nearest neighbour. You can then use free transform to rotate things! make sure you change your selection mode to non antialias too!!
Remember that the rotation is only a guideline and you should clean it up after rotating!
- scented-mandles likes this
- steveholtvstheuniverse likes this
- princessluiqi likes this
- spoopaquil likes this
- chambery likes this
- runicv likes this
- arycelle reblogged this from refi
- calmdownkarkat likes this
- ilove-heichou likes this
- beastboyrox746 likes this
- pronfairy likes this
- cruaute likes this
- 1krom likes this
- chalkbullet likes this
- mustlovecomics likes this
- audzilla likes this
- pixelblokcs likes this
- troywagner likes this
- boo-alpha likes this
- picopuri likes this
- fiscario reblogged this from kyaptan
- nintenmau6 likes this
- ilovefelixhuehue reblogged this from kyaptan
- ilovefelixhuehue likes this
- kiwifagyi reblogged this from kyaptan
- hatsumidori likes this
- pinnpointedfly likes this
- paranoodle likes this
- readinggamingbreathing reblogged this from galahadteomes
- readinggamingbreathing likes this
- fueledbyana likes this
- skrillex-swordswoman likes this
- galahadteomes reblogged this from manchestergamemaker
- galahadteomes likes this
- alamantusgamedev likes this
- bragd likes this
- manchestergamemaker reblogged this from kyaptan
- tuckormick reblogged this from shindongwoo
- knowingoverseer likes this
- shindongwoo reblogged this from kyaptan
- lisyan likes this
- varsus likes this
- ghostmuchie likes this
- rozecloud likes this
- bishonen-kira likes this
- horrorcraft likes this
- nheehee reblogged this from kyaptan
- nheehwa likes this
- mypoornoonaheart likes this
- krorys likes this