This is for cirou and j who requested for it even though they probably don’t need it anyway HMPH
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! welcome to the comprehensive(????) guide on how to make tiny pixels the easy way
It is easy because I am lazy
also this is on photoshop
1. Open a photoshop file!! Don’t bother about the size you could always crop it later!
2. Draw a sketch! it doesn’t have to look great (mine obviously doesn’t ha ha ha)
3!!!! this is an important point so I put exclaimation marks!! Since the pixel is REALLY tiny and you’ll be working at like 700% IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU OPEN A NEW WINDOW FOR YOUR IMAGE. Leave it at 100% so you can see what your pixel looks like zoomed out always.
Put it somewhere comfortable!
4. Now for colour! Usually for pixel art people try to be economical with their colours but bc I am lazy and doing this for my own entertainment and not for some game I use a shitload of colours anyway. Make sure you use interesting colours to shade!! Orange and purple are two good colours to start with. I usually make a palette so I can pick my colours easily (:
5. Make a layer above your sketch and block in the flat colours! you don’t need to be too neat- you can always go back and fix things in the latter steps!
6. AFTER THAT you can clean up and shade! when cleaning up just pencil over with the bg colour to erase (since you’re making that transparent in the end anyway) rather than use an eraser. Just place shadows and lines on top of the flats until you are satisfied! Make sure you refer to the little window regularly to see how it’s coming along.
Antialiasing is important! There are tuts out there which teach you how to do that OR if you are lazy just mess around until it looks right ok
Don’t bother to line everything! this thing is small- there are places that can go without the darkest shade to define it (identify these areas by looking at your tiny window!) also you don’t have to be restricted to a single colour when adding outlines!
7. YOU’RE DONE CONGRATS!!!
jk this is really boring i’m sure you want to animate him
8. merge everything and duplicate the layer! this is the next frame in your animation.
Simply block in the colours for the motion you want, then colour it like you did the original! Don’t worry about drawing on top of the image mistakes are easily fixed!!
For motions you are not sure of— WELP. YOU HAVE A BODY RIGHT. USE YOURSELF AS A REFERENCE.
9. When you’re done with the layers, animate! I usually use lapses of 0.1 or 0.07sec
HIROTO STOP FLIRTING WITH ENDOU
TIPS N TRICKS SECTION
JUST ONE ACTUALLY
Rotating things!! Go to edit—>preferences—->general and set image interpolation to nearest neighbour. You can then use free transform to rotate things! make sure you change your selection mode to non antialias too!!
Remember that the rotation is only a guideline and you should clean it up after rotating!
- red-dii likes this
- temporarysweetheart reblogged this from astronym
- hey-capsicle likes this
- sassykanny likes this
- sinners-palace likes this
- crownofguts likes this
- danpee likes this
- astronym reblogged this from kyaptan
- ivegotthemoveslikejakku likes this
- pakupakupakuuu likes this
- nieceyseven likes this
- blades-of-dusk likes this
- yivvv likes this
- kallililly likes this
- kallililly reblogged this from kyaptan
- supercooldetective likes this
- drpepperaddiction likes this
- ivegoneturbo reblogged this from puriinsu
- ivegoneturbo likes this
- queenofbubbline likes this
- ry0ji reblogged this from puriinsu
- lovetobealive likes this
- puriinsu reblogged this from kyaptan
- puriinsu likes this
- moe-overload likes this
- zombisu likes this
- mrtotoro likes this
- siropoop likes this
- tweettweak likes this
- mangoking likes this
- boxheadedteratophile likes this
- raribot reblogged this from monochromaticcreator
- monochromaticcreator reblogged this from kyaptan
- monochromaticcreator likes this
- diggersimon likes this
- kowaisemicolonification likes this
- astro-creepy likes this
- daiuhku likes this
- niebieskakofeinaart reblogged this from kyaptan
- shukoya likes this
- eidling likes this
- kelseyum reblogged this from kyaptan
- possessedbyphoenix likes this
- supafamicom likes this
- shiric likes this
- loiralae likes this
- radtastical likes this
- kodokunohikari likes this